I’m so excited! The COOLEST is live and up on Kickstarter here:
We’ve had an amazingly successful first day so far and we’re just getting started.
Heres are a few of my take-aways on launch day:
1. You won’t know what traffic will be effective so start diverse. We’ve put time and effort into getting exposure from lots of avenues, but our traffics patterns and conversions were a surprise. Now we can take this data and refine our strategy along the way.
2. Manage your messaging. Your family and friend are most likely to back you right off the bat. Allow them time to support you before you blast out to a larger, lesser known group. Casual visitors are more likely to fund a campaign that already has some contributions in place.
3. Do MORE beforehand. We had an aggressive launch window we were shooting for, and I feel good that we hit it. That said I would feel better if I had slept more hours in the last few days than I have fingers.
4. You can’t know what kind of interest people will have for any reward level until you get started. For example, our highest tier reward level disappeared in less than 3 hours!
5. Show your appreciation. It’s likely that when you launch a crowdfunding campaign you’ll have help from others. Maybe this is technical help, or even just a wonderful spouse carrying a bigger load to give you time to prepare your campaign. Make sure to take a few moments- especially at the peak of hecticness- and show your gratitude.
What do you want to know about the first day launching a crowdfunding campaign?